Being a teacher comes with its fair share of challenges, but it also offers a remarkable advantage for avid travelers: the privilege of having summers off.
Considering that many popular destinations are thousands of miles away from home, it’s only natural to want to make the most of your time abroad. That’s why GEEO strategically schedules trips to allow for back-to-back experiences in the regions you’re exploring. In many cases, the final day of one trip lines up perfectly with the first day of another, enabling you to continue your adventure uninterrupted.
As an added bonus, if you book two or more GEEO programs within the same school year, we’ll give you a 10% discount on the lower-priced program(s), with our multi-trip discount applicable for up to three programs per year.
If you need some inspiration for your next multi-trip adventure, here are a few examples of multi-trip experiences shared by our 2023 alumni:
- Ann kicked off her travels in India & Nepal before journeying to nearby Bhutan. She also spent her spring break in Portugal, tallying an impressive 34 days abroad on GEEO trips while making the most of her multi-trip discounts.
- Stephanie made her way from Japan to Java before wrapping up her summer break in Bali in a 28-day marathon in Asia.
- 5 intrepid travelers embarked on a 30-day Southeast Asia tour, encompassing Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, and Cambodia.
- 7 travelers capitalized on Ireland’s proximity to Scotland and seamlessly combined these two programs back-to-back.
- 3 adventurous travelers embarked on a 29-day journey through Central Europe and the Balkans, covering an impressive NINE countries in one epic trip!
- Irene spent 23 days abroad, visiting both Turkey and Jordan. Sadly, she may never enjoy store-bought hummus again…
Want more inspiration? Here are some enticing combos to consider for summer 2024:
The thought of intercontinental travel may seem counterintuitive, but many airlines utilize the same hubs when flying through the Eastern Hemisphere. Istanbul Airport is a particularly popular connecting point, making Turkey an easy add-on for many trips.
This list serves as a great starting point, but keep in mind that there are many more options available. All of the options listed have a gap of 0-1 days between the first program’s end date and the second program’s start date, but there are many other options that have a gap of 2+ days. Since many programs commence and conclude in exciting, bustling cities, adding pre- or post-trip nights is an enticing option to begin with, so you can easily bridge the gap between two programs that are a few days apart and keeping the adventure alive without ever feeling bored.