Thank you for your interest in being a GEEO Ambassador on your upcoming travel program. Our Ambassadors are travelers who love to snap photos and videos…and are pretty good at it too! Ambassadors volunteer to help us tell the GEEO story by sending photos and short videos back to GEEO HQ while traveling. This allows the GEEO team to share fun, educational, authentic stories on social media so that more teachers will want to travel with us and more students will learn from diverse, global perspectives.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Enjoy your GEEO program.
- Take pictures and videos.
- Upload them for the GEEO team throughout your trip.
- Repeat daily.
- Congratulate yourself for helping more teachers travel and expand their students’ horizons!
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Upload your top photos and/or videos each evening. It’s okay if you miss a day or two because of limited connectivity–just catch up when you do have an internet connection.
- What to capture: aim to take at least one unique photo or maximum-30-second video of each item on the daily itinerary. However, Ambassadors don’t have to capture everything–we prefer quality over quantity. Media submitted should be highlights of the day like impressive sights, authentic experiences only found in that country, realia finds to support a curriculum, or what it’s like to travel with other amazing teachers. Think about what kind of content would inspire teachers to travel with GEEO, and then get creative!
- Capture a mix of both horizontal and vertical photos and/or videos. Vertical media is ideal for Facebook and Instagram stories and TikTok.
- Be kind with your camera. This means no showcasing homelessness, poverty, children, or unethical treatment of animals. If you wouldn’t take a picture of it at home, you probably shouldn’t do so abroad. See this video about our tour operator’s child welfare policy.
- You will need a smartphone with a camera.
- This is a volunteer role for GEEO, a nonprofit organization. We do not provide any compensation or pay for your phone plan or device. GEEO is not responsible for any international charges. Most GEEO accommodations have internet access, so you should not need an international data plan on your cell phone.
- Don’t be scammed into paying for photos–if someone asks to be paid to be in a photo/video, you are welcome to pay them from your own funds. However, if you do not want to pay, simply tell them “no, thank you,” walk away, and find another subject.
- We use a Google form to collect photos and videos, and it requires that you sign in to your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account and need help, the GEEO team can help you.
- By volunteering for this role, you agree to allow GEEO to use your photos and/or videos in any and all print and digital communications, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.
READY TO SIGN UP?
If all of this sounds like a breeze to you, please email us the following information so we can introduce you on our social media platforms at the beginning of your trip:
- Email subject line:
- GEEO Ambassador for [Destination]
- Email attachment:
- Picture of you traveling or teaching
- In the body of the email:
- Your full name
- Your username for Instagram, Twitter, and/or TikTok
- What do you teach? Subject & grade level
- Name of your school & location
- Why did you choose to travel with GEEO?
- What are you most looking forward to on this travel program?
- What do you hope to learn?
Once we have this information, we will get in touch with you about the next steps.
FOR CURRENT AMBASSADORS: