Updated April 4, 2020
Dear GEEO Travelers,
We hope you are staying safe and finding ways to satisfy your wanderlust from home these days! We’re writing with an important update on your June travel program with us.
• As you may know, GEEO is partnered with G Adventures, the tour operator that runs all of our travel logistics. All G Adventures tours worldwide have been postponed through May 31st, and GEEO believes that June tours will likely be affected as well.
• In order to provide some certainty in this uncertain time, and to preserve your options, GEEO has decided to postpone your program until 2021.
• None of you will be charged final payment and your $350 deposit can be used for a future trip with G Adventures or any GEEO program with G Adventures.
• Any money you paid above and beyond the $350 initial deposit will be refunded to your credit card. If you request, we can instead leave this money on your customer file as a credit for a future trip with us.
• G Adventures is not refunding deposits because this is a force majeure situation. They are making no exceptions for any of their partners or customers.
You have the following options:
1. Our team is working with G Adventures operations to secure 2021 departure dates that are very similar to this year’s dates. If we don’t hear from you by April 10th by default your deposit will be automatically moved over to the 2021 departure of the same program for which you registered. Additionally, even if you didn’t book during our early booking sale this year, you will receive our early booking discount on your 2021 program (5% off for new GEEO travelers and 8% off for alumni). If you change your mind you can move that deposit to another trip or put it back on file for use whenever you like in the future.
2. If you do not want to move to the 2021 departure of your program and would rather cancel, please email your written cancelation request at least 60 days before your original departure date to [email protected] As always with our Lifetime Deposit policy, your $350 deposit will be held on file for future use on any G Adventures tour or any GEEO program with G Adventures.
3. If you still want to try to travel this summer, we would be happy to move your deposit over to a G Adventures tour of your choice. Most of them are on sale. Worst case scenario, they will suspend those trips as well and we will then move your deposit to another trip in the future. If you would like to take this option, please contact me.
Advice if you already booked your flights
If you have booked your flights, I recommend researching what their current terms are here. We have found some airlines are giving full refunds if you wait until closer to departure for them to cancel the flight rather than cancel yourself. Each airline is different, so we can’t provide universal guidance. The same goes for any hotels you booked outside of GEEO/G Adventures.
Tourism gives life to the communities that we visit around the world, and we are doing everything we can to be fair to all parties involved during this process. G Adventures leadership is striving to honor their commitment to customer service. The GEEO staff and board are committed to continuing to help teachers travel and bring the world to their classrooms for many years to come. Global education and compassion for our neighbors around the world is more important than ever, and we’re grateful for your dedication to our mission.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult time. Feel free to reach out to call us at 1-877-600-0105 with any questions.