Updated Jun 8th, 2020
At GEEO and G Adventures, the safety and wellbeing of our travelers and staff remains our number one priority. Here are our current plans:
- We will continue to schedule travel programs. However, until there is a deployed vaccine for COVID-19, we will wait to confirm our programs until 90 days before departure. That means all of our participants should hold off on purchasing flights until we give them confirmation that the trip will run.
- As of now, all GEEO winter 2020 programs are scheduled to run, but we will wait until September to make a decision on whether they will need to be suspended.
- We are offering two spring break options for 2021 and might offer a few more, depending on how well the fight against COVID is going.
- As of 4/16/2020 GEEO postponed all of our summer travel programs until the summer of 2021. Most of the dates on our website have been updated with the new 2021 departure dates. Over 95% of our summer 2020 participants have agreed to move to our summer 2021 departures, so some of those programs are already full.
- In the coming weeks we will be adding a few new departures to our summer 2021 catalog, including several trips in the US and Canada.
Our tour operator partner G Adventures has implemented new health and safety procedures that will try to keep you safe from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, without taking away from having the time of your life. The policy will evolve as time goes on and as we continue to monitor local public health recommendations, but what won’t change is our commitment to keeping you safe as you explore our big, beautiful world.
This new policies are built around five pillars:
Smaller is better
Our groups have always been small (on average 12 travelers) to encourage connections, access places overlooked by larger groups, and to give travelers plenty of personal space — even before physical distancing. We will continue to foster connections with newly created measures to keep everyone safe.
Our Tour Leaders
Our tour leaders are responsible for your travelers having the time of their life, which includes keeping them safe and happy. With local knowledge, 24/7 support from our field staff around the globe, and new health and safety training, our tour leaders will continue to do everything they can to ensure your travelers enjoy their adventure in whatever way makes them most comfortable.
Whether on the road or the high seas, our private vehicles and boats will now feature daily assigned seating and undergo daily deep cleaning of all surfaces. Hand-sanitizer will be required every time travelers board the vehicle. We will replace public transport on our itineraries with private transport whenever possible.
We have always selected our accommodation partners carefully and now we are working with them to create new procedures to further protect your travelers’ health and safety. Because we travel in small groups, we stay at smaller hotels — which means fewer guests. Not only does this give travelers the opportunity to spend quality time together (with appropriate distancing), but they’ll come in contact with fewer people, too.
Good (and safe) eats
Food is half the reason we travel (let alone leave the house), so we know how crucial it is that your travelers feel safe whenever we stop for a meal. We will continue to only include eating experiences on tour where good hygiene is maintained and physical distancing can now be practiced.
The GEEO staff and board are committed to continuing to help teachers travel and bring the world to their classrooms for many years to come. Global education and compassion for our neighbors around the world is more important than ever, and we’re grateful for your dedication to our mission.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult time. Feel free to reach out to call us at 1-877-600-0105 with any questions.