GEEO 2018 Photo Contest
Announcing the first ever GEEO photo contest! If you took great photos on a GEEO trip that you would like to share with the world, this is an excellent opportunity for you to do so. Many of the photos collected in this contest will be featured on our website and social media sites (with photo credits, of course) to better illustrate our trips with your experiences. Also, you have the opportunity to win some great prizes!
– You may enter up to three photos per category (Categories: GEEO Faces, Cultural Encounters, Natural Wonders, & Man-made Wonders).
– You may only submit ONE Google Form.
– Title your file before uploading it (for example “Hiking in Nepal” instead of “IMG_4816”).
– Photos must be at least 1536 x 864 pixels (Most pictures will be this big, even if you used your cell phone. Please double check though!)
– Both vertical and horizontal photos will be accepted, but horizontal photos are more likely to be featured on GEEO’s website.
The first round of voting is done by a panel of GEEO judges, who rate the photos and choose their favorites in each category. Any photo that receives sufficient votes from the judges moves on to the second round of voting, the popular vote. The second round is run as a poll open to the public and will last for one week.
Prizes will be awarded for first, second, and third place winners in each category. They will consist of $200 GEEO trip credits and/or GEEO branded items.
Photo Submissions & Deadline:
Enter your favorite photos before NOVEMBER 8TH at 11:59 PM using this Google Form! Or go to https://goo.gl/forms/gRTC920olpMSWWLk1.
We look forward to seeing your wonderful photos! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. MUST BE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
TIMING. The GEEO Photo Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. EST, on October 25, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST, on November 8, 2018 (“Contest Entry Period”). Entries must be submitted by the end of the Contest Entry Period to be considered.
SPONSOR. The Contest is sponsored by the Global Exploration for Educators Organization, 700 East Main Street, Norristown, PA 19401 (“Sponsor”).
1. Agreement To Official Rules. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Entrants agree that Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, agents or contractors and their employees, officers and directors shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this promotion. Entrant’s participation in this Contest and eligibility for any prize is contingent on compliance with Sponsor’s Terms of Service. Additionally, all prizes are provided by, and governed by the standard Terms and Conditions of, G Adventures. By accepting a prize won in this Contest, Entrant is entering into a contractual arrangement with G Adventures.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to all U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry who submit a valid Contest Entry as defined in the Official Rules (“Entrant”). Employees of Sponsor, their family members, and persons living in the same household as employees or their family members are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws apply.
3. How To Enter. Entrants must send entries using the correct contest entry form and any other specific entry information requested in the contest announcement. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or forms sent but not received by Sponsor for any reason, as potential contest winners.
Winners will be contacted at the email address they provided in the form used to enter the contest, and the person receiving and replying to the winner announcement email will be considered the winner unless they specify another person within the reply email as the winner. Sponsor will mail the Contest prize to the address supplied by the recipient of the winner announcement email.
Only one form per person will be considered for contest entry. No person may enter the contest more than once using multiple email addresses. Subsequent submissions made by the same Entrant will NOT be considered. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, invalid or illegible submissions, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation with these Official Rules.
4. Contest Entries.
a. Original Work/No Infringement. By submitting a photograph to Sponsor in connection with this Contest (“Contest Entry”), Entrant represents and warrants that the Contest Entry is an original work, and that Entrant is not aware of any conflicting rights in the Contest Entry including but not limited to copyright or other intellectual property right. Entrant represents, states and agrees that his or her Contest Entry will not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including by way of example and not by limitation, any copyright, trademark or patent rights belonging to any third party.
b. License to Contest Entry. By participating in the Contest, Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the Contest Entry in any media, in whole or in part, in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose without geographical limitation or compensation to Entrant.
c. License to Likeness. By submitting photographs to the Contest, Entrant grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free right and license to reproduce, copy, edit, modify, exhibit, publish, post, distribute and otherwise use and exploit (a) Entrant’s name, nickname, initials, signature, city and state of residence, other biographical information, image, likeness, and performance (collectively referred to as Entrant’s “Likeness”), in perpetuity, in any media now known or existing in the future worldwide.
d. Ownership of Materials. Entrant represents that he/she is the exclusive owner of the Likeness and Contest Entry, or is authorized to grant the rights granted herein. Entrant agrees that Sponsor will be the exclusive owner of any materials incorporating Entrant’s Likeness and/or Contest Entry (“Materials”) that Sponsor or its designees create pursuant to this Contest, and that Sponsor may edit, alter, reproduce, publish, distribute, and otherwise use such Materials, and license or sublicense others to do the same, including all or any portion thereof, in its sole discretion, without any further approval of Entrant. Entrant agrees that Sponsor can transfer to others or permit others to use the rights Entrant has given to Sponsor.
e. Release. Entrant releases Sponsor from, and agrees not to bring any proceeding against Sponsor for, any claim or cause of action, whether existing now (whether known or unknown to Entrant) or arising in the future, arising from or relating to the use or exploitation of Entrant’s Likeness or Contest Entry in accordance with the terms of this Contest, including any claim or cause of action for infringement of any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right, defamation, misrepresentation, or violation of any right of privacy, publicity, or personality. Entrant waives all existing and future moral rights and all similar rights in other jurisdictions relating to the Contest Entry.
f. Representations and Warranties. Entrant represents and warrants that (a) Entrant has the right to grant the licenses and rights granted herein, (b) by granting the rights granted herein, Entrant is not violating any contractual obligation or prohibition, any obligation of confidentiality (contractual or otherwise), or any applicable laws, rules, or regulations, and (c) Sponsor’s exercise of the rights granted herein will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including any rights of privacy, publicity, or intellectual property.
g. Indemnification. Entrant will indemnify, defend, and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any losses, actions, liabilities, claims, damages, fines, penalties, costs, and expenses of any kind, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and costs, that may be incurred by or asserted against Sponsor, by Entrant or any third parties arising out of or relating to Sponsor’s use of Entrant’s Likeness and/or Contest Entry.
5. Judgment. Contest Entries selected for display and to win “best of” contests and any other contests requiring photographs or other content from the entrants will be judged entirely at the discretion of Sponsor.
6. Notification Of Winners. Sponsor will notify the winners on or about November 26, 2018, in accordance with the information provided by the Entrant in the Contest Entry. In the event that an Entrant’s contact information changes, it is Entrant’s responsibility to notify Sponsor of such change. [The winner[s] must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Publicity/Liability Release (except where prohibited by law) within seven (7) days of receipt of those documents or prize may be forfeited. Noncompliance with this time period may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture.] In the event that any prize notification is undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a winner, or response to a prize notification is not received within seven (7) days of its issuance, the prize may be forfeited. Where a prize is forfeited, an alternate winner will be chosen. Winner will be posted on the www.geeo.org web site after November 26, 2018.
7. Prizes. There will be a first, second, and third place winner in each of the four contest categories. First place winners will receive a $200 travel voucher to be redeemed towards a towards a trip through GEEO, to be redeemed between 1/1/2019 and 5/1/2020. The second and third place winners will receive GEEO branded items/merchandise.
The approximate retail value of the First Place Prize is $200. All prizes will be awarded. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
8. Other Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, time-bombs, limiting routines, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (b) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or (c) the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its parent, subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their officers, directors, employees, shareholders and agents, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or Contest Entry into the Contest or acceptance, delivery or use of the First Place Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate Contest Entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing of the promotion materials or the offering or announcement of the prizes, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any Contest Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, printing errors, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, (vi) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or Contest Entry information, or (vii) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online Contest Entry, the Contest Entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (as defined below) of the email address submitted at the time of Contest Entry. For the purposes of these Official Rules, “Authorized Account Holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
9. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by entrant with regard to this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.